Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Basecoat Did Not Adhere
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 11:54 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: $2500.oo Trans AM is home at last
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
they'll do it for free if he's doing it in a shop. No shop-no dice.
I just retired and sold my shop I owned since the early '80s. And now do it at home (no overhead, good hours, I can walk to work 30 feet away ETC, LOL I can smoke cigars ( there's a no smoking law in Michigan) I can melt lead and weld, etc etc, but cant smoke!!!!!

A lot of paint co. are really good, When you spend 2000dollors on material for a basic paint job! I would call and ask you never know! And if you picked it up at a hardware LOL, Or an auto store the owner or manager that mixed or ordered your paint could and should have it done!

To the thread starter: I don't know if this was mentioned but the base could have been contaminated in the store before you even received it especially if they formulated it and put it in the can! A lot of stores store thier empty cans open in a back room or somewhere in the store and can be contaminated very easily!! The bumper to bumper stare close to me stores their cans right next to the drum & disk grinding machine( I dont order paint from there!!!!!

Jester
The Following User Says Thank You to painted jester For This Useful Post:
cyclopsblown34 (10-28-2012)