Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Basecoat Did Not Adhere
View Single Post
  #99 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Brad4321 Brad4321 is offline
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Columbus, IN
Posts: 32
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow...this thread has blown up with discussion since the last time I checked it. The "you have received a reply to your thread" e-mails did not come through. I am in a bit of a rush, but wanted to give you all an update.

I reshot the doors this weekend. I did everything the same except for wiping down with wax and grease remover the night before giving the waterborne approx 12 hours to dry. I still tacked right before shooting. I seem to have no adhesion issues and it all turned out good (and matches, luckily for me).

I have one last paint project this fall (my booth is not truly heated) which just so happens to be using the same material as I used on this truck. It will be the first white john deere I have seen in a while. In any case, I am going to do an experiment. I am going to shoot some old metal just like I shot the truck originally with the waterborne. I want to see if it will lift like the truck did. While anyone can do this test, I think I means the most if I do it with the same materials and same methods as I did originally. I will keep you all updated and will post a big response shortly.
Reply With Quote