Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Basecoat Did Not Adhere
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 07:06 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad4321 View Post
While that is true, would I go from peeling off in layers to good adhesion with a 20% drop? If it was wet enough to not get adhesion on basically a 12"x12" square, I would think I would still get some adhesion problems if it did dry faster, even if not as severe.

I recreated to the best of my knowledge. Same number of coats, through pearl and all, and pearl measured out the same. I wonder if the problem isn't something I am consciously aware of, such as there being sanding dust left there, silicone from the door handles, something to that effect as mentioned earlier in this thread.
I dont know anything about waterborn W&G I've never used it and dont ever plan on it...what I do know is is I've painted when its raining out hundreds of times 100% humidity and Ieven used to wet down the floor for years(now days I'll wash it down and wiat for it to dry) and never had anything like that happen..To this day I prefer painting when its raining out or first thing in the morning when the dew is covering the ground because theres no bugs or dirt in the air..I seem to get my best work then...Maybe it could be as simple as there was a ton of wax on there and it needed to be dewaxed several times to get it all off...who knows???? But then again Ray made a good point ,if it was a wax problem you would have known as soon as the base hit the panel it'll fisheye like crazy...we may never know I'm certainly stumped...

Last edited by deadbodyman; 10-28-2012 at 07:14 AM.