Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Basecoat question? ASAP
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2003, 06:25 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Reducing the color will only result in stronger acting chemicals being trapped in between coats. Mix as specified and use the proper reducer for flow. Sherwin williams personaly I dont care for. its like water.. The premium version of Sherwin Williams is called Stand Ox, So thick you can barely stir it and covers in 2 coats guarnteed... You could of also wet sanded the primer with 800 wet for a smoother finish under the base( I use 1000 on show finishes. Too late for that now though. Maybe next time.
As for fluid, never turn more fluid into the scenario. your putting more chemical down, the least the better. It wasnt designed to go on thick. Same for your clear coat. It will increase orange peel in another way. the effect will be modeling from a distance. Theres a fine line between too much and too little were your at. Always use test panals before you shoot your project too. This gives you a idea of whats going to happen before it does. 1.6 size needle is good. Versitile for clears too.
It really sounds to me as if you could of ran a differnt speed reducer to compensate for flow.
Augie

[ March 01, 2003: Message edited by: augie ]

[ March 01, 2003: Message edited by: augie ]</p>