Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - basement walls game room man cave race room
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 09:04 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
Personally, I would frame in the block walls too...also insulate them. Will make a cozier room, dont you think?...Code around here calls for that....in new buildings anyways.
basement is plenty cozy.. it's the warmest in the winder and the coolest in the summer(20-30* difference)
yes live to frame all four. but a few things..
not code here(not needed)
I'd rather not give up 6" fore and aft
as it'll be 14'x16.5' as it stands now.. as the placement of the bulkhead/stairs to basement/chimney all suck.. but in 1934 this is how they did things.. cellar stairs down the middle, chimney 7' from one wall 10' from another.. bulk head on sidewall(better placement would've been back wall) instead of sticking furn/heater in area between chimney and wall.. it's off chimney toward the back.. (stupid) and oil tank is in corner.. (this might get put in that unuseable area bewteen chimney/wall)
guess'n basements when coal fired heat was used wasn't ment for much other than maybe tool/xmas storage.. lol as this set up is for the birds..

but with a house on a dead end street and 3 lots.. I'll deal with it's shortcomings.. as my morg. is about half of the going rent for a 2 bed apartment..