Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hot Rod Art (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hot-rod-art/)
-   -   Basic Photoshop request. (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/basic-photoshop-request-134026.html)

Hippie 02-24-2008 07:11 PM

Basic Photoshop request.
 
Could one of you talented people paint the grille on this body color? I want to keep the chrome grille but if you wanted to ditch the Appletons, hood orbament and bumper guards while you're at it that would be cool. Thanks in advance.

http://hotrodders.com/journal_photos...2039052272.jpg

Holder350 02-24-2008 07:48 PM

so you want the bumper colored and the center of the grill left chrome?

and sorry for my stupidity but what are appletons?

Hippie 02-24-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holder350
so you want the bumper colored and the center of the grill left chrome?

and sorry for my stupidity but what are appletons?

OOPS! That didn't make much sense did it? My brain is a lot faster than my fingers. I meant to say "leave the chrome bumper" :embarrass

Guess my age is showing, "Appleton's" are the spotlights.

Holder350 02-24-2008 08:33 PM

lol thats kinda what I thought but I wanted to make sure

so you do want the center emblem colored? Right?

and what about the recess in the bumper?

Holder350 02-24-2008 10:55 PM

what I got so far......its seems that its realy hard to color a chrome part.

I'll work more on it tomorow...and see if I can get some pointers.

I haven't removed the lights yet but I will get to that.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...Untitled-1.jpg

Hippie 02-25-2008 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holder350
lol thats kinda what I thought but I wanted to make sure

so you do want the center emblem colored? Right?

and what about the recess in the bumper?

Leave the license plate, you can black out the V in the grill opening if you want, it's getting set in about 3 inches to the inside.

Like this one.....
http://hotrodders.com/journal_photos...2039052270.jpg

Holder350 02-25-2008 07:59 AM

See if this is what your after....

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...titled-1-1.jpg

I tried to remove the emblem in the grill but I couldn't get it to look quite right..let me know if you want me to go ahead a do it or if theres anything else that I missed.

:pimp:

Hippie 02-25-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holder350
See if this is what your after....

:pimp:

I'll let you know when I get home tonight, the filters at work are blocking the pictures in your posts. Thanks. :thumbup:

F&J 02-25-2008 11:04 AM

I don't know your fabricating talents...but.. I would at least "think" about tossing the whole grille panel, and maybe even the bumper, to be able to make a whole different look. Maybe a grille style "system" more like a 57 ford or similar cars 56 chev, etc.

What I see when that grille is painted instead of chromed, is sort of a sucker fish mouth ;) Just seems like some fabbing could produce a wild look. ?? Not like a tube grille from the 50s-60s, but some sort of thinner stainless rod type deal that would look more modern than the tube grilles?

Hippie 02-25-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F&J
What I see when that grille is painted instead of chromed, is sort of a sucker fish mouth ;) Just seems like some fabbing could produce a wild look. ?? Not like a tube grille from the 50s-60s, but some sort of thinner stainless rod type deal that would look more modern than the tube grilles?

That's why they call them "fish mouth" Studes. It reminds me of a catfish. :D

Hippie 02-25-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holder350
See if this is what your after....

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...titled-1-1.jpg

I tried to remove the emblem in the grill but I couldn't get it to look quite right..let me know if you want me to go ahead a do it or if theres anything else that I missed.

:pimp:


PERFECT!!!!
That is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I love it!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

grouch 03-02-2008 07:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I fiddled around a little with Holder350's work. Closed the gap between hood and nose, closed the gap on the fende, then made a new line from existing hood down to the bumper. If you have to make the nose anyway, maybe you could extend the hood and hinge it behind the bumper.

Hippie 03-02-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grouch
I fiddled around a little with Holder350's work. Closed the gap between hood and nose, closed the gap on the fende, then made a new line from existing hood down to the bumper. If you have to make the nose anyway, maybe you could extend the hood and hinge it behind the bumper.


Thanks, a friend is a metalsmith and I think he can help me close up the gap. I'm not making the nose just painting it body color. I have an extra that came with the car with worse chrome than the original but fortunately neither is pitted.

Holder350 03-02-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grouch
I fiddled around a little with Holder350's work. Closed the gap between hood and nose, closed the gap on the fende, then made a new line from existing hood down to the bumper. If you have to make the nose anyway, maybe you could extend the hood and hinge it behind the bumper.


lol wow, i took extra effort to put that line back in...I dunno i just dont much like changing the look that much as to merge the hood and nose together.

grouch 03-03-2008 05:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Holder350
lol wow, i took extra effort to put that line back in...I dunno i just dont much like changing the look that much as to merge the hood and nose together.

Heh. You're really gonna hate this one, then. Hood, nose, fenders all welded together.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.