Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - "Basics of Basics" Photographing your car.
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 09:19 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by djboen
thanks for all the tips--but the problem I am having is---I have shot several with my digital camera, and whenever I try to update my profile to add some pics of my cars---ALL of them are too large. I have reduced my image quality setting down to the basic, and also have changed image size down to 640 which is the lowest setting on my camera. Took a couple more pics, tonite, just to see if this is where I need to be, but they were still toooooo large. Your help would be appreciated.

DJ
DJ - that is such a simple problem to fix. I use programs like Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photo Shop or Coral Draw to edit pics but for this task all you need it "Paint" which comes standard with windows.

Step 1. Open the pic in "Paint".

Step 2. In the menu bar on top of the screen, click on "Image".

Step 3. Scroll down to "Stretch/Skew" and click on that. A box will open up.

Step 4. It should say "Stretch" on the top with horizontal and vertical settings. Type in an equal percentage in both boxes. Example: 50% X 50%. This will size the picture down to 50% of its original size without messing with the resolution. (Don't worry about the "Skew" settings. Leave those at "0")

Step 5. Once you've done that click on OK and the pic will go to that size.

You may have to play with it a few times to get the right size you want.... you may want to do 40% or 25%. If itís not as small as you wanted it to be just click on "undo" under "edit" in the menu bar and start over with a smaller percentage.

Don't worry about making setting changes on your camera. Keep it at a good resolution and do all your editing on the computer. If you want to get fancy with your pics.... I suggest you grab one of the programs I listed above.... the best one in my book is Adobe Photoshop but it is also the most expensive.

Hope that helps you out.

Sean