Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Batmobile meets sucker
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger View Post
The guy made what he would probably consider an investment. When or if he tires of the "work of art" it would be interesting to see if it appreciates. IMO, I wouldn't think so, people were swept up in the heat of the moment, George Barris was there (he's so full of hot air it's a wonder he doesn't float away!) to promote the car.

I hated that T.V. show. I was a comic book freak as a kid, got all my comics for free after they were disposed of. I read thousands of them. What they show did to the comic book was disgraceful to a young kid, probably 13 at the time. If I had an extra 5 mil laying around I would buy the car and let Big Foot crush it, charging $100 bucks a head to recoup some of my money.....

Whoa there Danny, holy cow you need to release some of the anger, go give Barris a big hug and let it go.

I loved the tv show and had never read a comic in my life. Isn't it funny how different things can be. That car was the coolest. What is most funny about the car is Barris really didn't even design it, Ford styling studio did and all Barris did was put some cartoon BS on it.

Yep, George is no Sam, that's for sure.

Brian