Hot Rod Forum banner

Batmobile meets sucker

5K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  Valkyrie5.7 
#1 ·
The worlds biggest sucker was exposed tonight, bidding 4.2 m for the Batmobile.

#8 ·
REALLY!

But then I can't even grasp what people spend on their daily drivers. I had a BMW Z3 (As I remember that's what it was, a little sports car) in the shop once and the guys lease agreement was laying there on the seat like he was proud of it, $500 a month! FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH for the "privilege" to drive this car? HUH? PLUS the insurance, I am sorry, I can't imagine the kind of money I would have to make to justify that kind of money for a car to drive, I don't care how "cool" the car is.

Brian

#10 ·
I understand that but it is STILL money that you aren't taking home. And I know a LOT of people who don't have a business and spend gobs on their daily drivers. The real funny ones are the ones who commute an hour and a half to get to work (no really, I have a guy I work with who does this) and his "new" car is now a couple years old and just about worn out, I don't get it, I just don't get it.

We are simply a wasteful society that doesn't appreciate what we have, we MUST HAVE more. :(

Brian

#16 ·
The guy who bought the car only paid that much because other people wanted it badly too! I.E.... He wasn't the only fool!

On the other hand... these "fools" have accumulated a lot more money than I ever did... so am I actually the fool here???

Being in this custom paint biz, I have learned what, at the time, was an unexpected thing. Not everyone likes the same things!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the many jobs I've done have taught me that my "task" is to help them create "their" vision... not mine! It was hard at first, but today I enjoy the variety of "themes", no matter how bizzarre they may be!!! (Of course, my own taste is "less conservative" than most enthusiasts prefer today, so that helps.) Sigh. {:)

#17 ·
People will pay good money for the things they really want....:D He has way more then I do for sure... And if I had it I wouldn't care what something cost if I really wanted it.. He made it.. He can spend it how he feel's....If he can spend that on a car.. He must have a lot more..:mwink: Would I spent that on that car ??? NOPE !!!! I can build it for a lot less...:D

#20 ·
The guy made what he would probably consider an investment. When or if he tires of the "work of art" it would be interesting to see if it appreciates. IMO, I wouldn't think so, people were swept up in the heat of the moment, George Barris was there (he's so full of hot air it's a wonder he doesn't float away!) to promote the car.

I hated that T.V. show. I was a comic book freak as a kid, got all my comics for free after they were disposed of. I read thousands of them. What they show did to the comic book was disgraceful to a young kid, probably 13 at the time. If I had an extra 5 mil laying around I would buy the car and let Big Foot crush it, charging $100 bucks a head to recoup some of my money.....:evil:

#21 ·
Whoa there Danny, holy cow you need to release some of the anger, go give Barris a big hug and let it go.:thumbup:

I loved the tv show and had never read a comic in my life. Isn't it funny how different things can be. That car was the coolest. What is most funny about the car is Barris really didn't even design it, Ford styling studio did and all Barris did was put some cartoon BS on it.

Yep, George is no Sam, that's for sure.

Brian

#29 ·
Barrett Jackson has gotten so silly. A bunch of rich guys seeing how much money they cab spend. I've seen 1 person spend 10M on buying cars there :confused:. Must be nice..lol

What about the "green hornet" mustang that was bid up to 1.8M and didnt reach the reserve! Of course it's one of craig jacksons cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.