Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders' Lounge (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-lounge/)
-   -   Batmobile meets sucker (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/batmobile-meets-sucker-228593.html)

406 bug 01-19-2013 09:43 PM

Batmobile meets sucker

The worlds biggest sucker was exposed tonight, bidding 4.2 m for the Batmobile.

John long 01-19-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 406 bug (Post 1636728)
The worlds biggest sucker was exposed tonight, bidding 4.2 m for the Batmobile.

LOL.... What he said. :)

poncho62 01-20-2013 05:35 AM

Rich people do strange things with their money. But then again, its their money....look what the government does with ours

carolinacustoms 01-20-2013 06:20 AM

I personally think I got a great deal on that car:spank:

Just kidding, IF I had 4 million, it would not be spent on a car that someone else built. But I would have one #e!! of a shop in middle of nowhereville NC

Kelly

cobalt327 01-20-2013 07:09 AM

Believe it when the check clears.:mwink:

delawarebill 01-20-2013 07:51 AM

Barrett jackson

i'm always amazed how deep some pockets are.. be nice to be in those shoes for a day too... i saw one shelby GT500 with 9000 miles on it.. think it was a '67.. almost $2mil .

CrashFarmer2 01-20-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolinacustoms (Post 1636794)
I personally think I got a great deal on that car:spank:

Just kidding, IF I had 4 million, it would not be spent on a car that someone else built. But I would have one #e!! of a shop in middle of nowhereville NC

Kelly

What you said only swap the NC for Iowa. :thumbup:

MARTINSR 01-20-2013 11:09 AM

REALLY!

But then I can't even grasp what people spend on their daily drivers. I had a BMW Z3 (As I remember that's what it was, a little sports car) in the shop once and the guys lease agreement was laying there on the seat like he was proud of it, $500 a month! FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH for the "privilege" to drive this car? HUH? PLUS the insurance, I am sorry, I can't imagine the kind of money I would have to make to justify that kind of money for a car to drive, I don't care how "cool" the car is.

Brian

Mark Brock 01-20-2013 11:52 AM

lease's are tax wright off's, if you have a business, ( which every one should) so is maintenence agreements, insurance, etc. too bad hobbies are considered a health benifit, which I think they are.

MARTINSR 01-20-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Brock (Post 1636908)
lease's are tax wright off's, if you have a business, ( which every one should) so is maintenence agreements, insurance, etc. too bad hobbies are considered a health benifit, which I think they are.

I understand that but it is STILL money that you aren't taking home. And I know a LOT of people who don't have a business and spend gobs on their daily drivers. The real funny ones are the ones who commute an hour and a half to get to work (no really, I have a guy I work with who does this) and his "new" car is now a couple years old and just about worn out, I don't get it, I just don't get it.

We are simply a wasteful society that doesn't appreciate what we have, we MUST HAVE more. :(

Brian

poncho62 01-20-2013 04:43 PM

Just watching B-J....They said the guy that bought the Batmobile plans on putting it in his living room.....I guess his living room is a bit bigger than mine

MARTINSR 01-20-2013 05:06 PM

I could barely fit my Rambler in my living room.

Brian

John long 01-20-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poncho62 (Post 1636994)
Just watching B-J....They said the guy that bought the Batmobile plans on putting it in his living room.....I guess his living room is a bit bigger than mine

His living room may be bigger but yours is going to be better decorated. :D

John L

Bryan59EC 01-21-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 1636912)
..... The real funny ones are the ones who commute an hour and a half to get to work (no really, I have a guy I work with who does this) and his "new" car is now a couple years old and just about worn out, I don't get it, I just don't get it. Brian

Until just last month, my spouse commuted 100 miles one way to work.
Yep--she has in the last 8 years worn out a few cars.
She works for the state and it took over 5 years for her to get transfered to a facility much closer to home (now about 25 miles).

Me---about 30 miles to my office---when I go there. More often than not, my Monday am commute takes me to the airport--and Friday brings me back home.

I don't consider myself wasteful in this catagory at all.
I bougth my home out in the boonies for the size and price (needed to keep the teen girls separated in their own rooms) and a home in town was waaay out of my price range.

I drive older cars/trucks and supply her with a different low mile car every 3 years----over the last 12 months she has put over 50,000 on her Crown Vic.
With her working much closer to home now, I hope that will drop to around
25k a year--------NOT out of line for Texas residents.

MARTINSR 01-21-2013 09:36 AM

I understand we all make our choices for our own reasons. All I know is this guy at work passes a LOT of body shops to get to this one!

Brian