Hot Rod Forum banner

Battery Cables and Fuel Line Install

894 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  NEW INTERIORS 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I have a 32 Ford Sedan that I'm planning to install the battery behind the rear seat. I'm running aluminum fuel line and planning on running the battery cables on the same chassis rail. My question is, what type of clamps has others use to secure the battery cables safely to the chassis? Thanks for the input !!

#2 ·
Battery cable hangers

I go to Lowes and get the nylon hangers. Drill land tap the frame (if boxed) and use #10 stainless screws. Also use them for brake lines. When the line is to small for the hanger I use a plastic tube as an insert. Of course if the lines are exposed to the judging world maybe a few polished stainless hangers would be necessary. Another option when a little standoff is necessary is to make hangers from a thick piece of aluminum.

#3 ·
Hello All,
I have a 32 Ford Sedan that I'm planning to install the battery behind the rear seat. I'm running aluminum fuel line and planning on running the battery cables on the same chassis rail. My question is, what type of clamps has others use to secure the battery cables safely to the chassis? Thanks for the input !!
Cushioned Adel clamps work well. You can find them in many different sizes and I recommend one every 12 inches along the frame rail....
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...PGGQFMDbcUH6A2_bo9mtRrz3XNnQQHX3GLBoCGgrw_wcB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.