Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Battery of the future LiFePO4, I got mine
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:27 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

"These cells with their cycle life will out live me. This is one of two packs I bought, the other still in the garage. 31 lbs and can store enough energy to propel the kayak 30+ miles per pack."

This would be great if true, but until proven, I am sceptical. "will out live me" That is a pretty strong statement. Are you really sure? Actually bet your life on it? Or is it a case of that is what is advertised, and expected, but not yet actually tested.

"store enough energy to propel the kayak 30+ miles per pack."
What does that mean? How many amp hours, or kilowatt hours, at what discharge rate?

How long to recharge?

Show me the battery that can lift a 747 from sea level, to 30,000 feet, then fly it 8,000 miles, with 400 passengers, and their luggage, that will fit in the wings and fuselage of that airplane.

I actually would think it would be great to have an electric car. I have given some thought of taking one of my old Datsun pickups, and converting it to electric, and putting the batteries in the bed. Even thought of putting a lot of excess capacity in the battery pack, driving an almost dead truck to one of the local electric free recharging stations that are becoming popular in Oregon, and actually using the battery at home, instead of electricity through my meter.

Last edited by DanielC; 12-04-2012 at 11:33 AM.