Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - battery reloaction in truck
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 03:29 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazard_81c10
i did a search and i couldnt find what i was looking for. i have a taylor relocation kit and was thinking about moving my large 1050ca battery from the nose of my 81 c10 truck to the front passenger side of the bed. and removing the tray from the front. i know it will give my engine bay a little cleaner. what other benefits would i see. any handling improvement, 0-60 gains, stopping improvements, etc. the bed has a extang soft tonneau cover. the gas tank is still on passenger side so i thought battery on passenger side would be best. any advice would be nice
Moving the battery will slightly improve the front/rear weight distribution, and can help traction a little. Nothing that you'll be able to notice by the seat of your pants most likely, but doing several things like this can accumulatively add up to a real improvement.

I tend to agree w/the idea that less weight overall is more of a benefit than a slightly better weight distribution. Less is more in this case. Once the weight is pared down to a minimum, THEN you can worry more about the weight distribution.