BB vs SB grudge match. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2004, 08:14 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

BB vs SB grudge match.

There's been a bunch of smack talkin' between Kevin Parent (nostalgia Pro Street racer), and Monty Mikho (Super modified racer) for about five months now. Kevin layed down the challenge on the NSCA board and Monty accepted after trading verbal blows with Kevin for a while.

These guys are friends, but they are hell bent on winning like any drag racer worth his salt is.

Kevin has a '69 Nova, 632" pigblock, backhalved and runs the big tires. Like 17X33 big tires.

Monty has a '70 Camaro, 422" small block, full tube chassis, and is on 10.5W tires. Really around 12" or so.

Have a look at Monty and Kevin's websites and you'll see the amount of time money and effort that went into prepping the cars for this. Like I said they are buds but very serious about winning.

Kevin's site

Monty's site

Anyway these two have really built this up to be a big deal and finally they raced and posted the videos.

Heres' the promo from the event where the match was to take place. Very good job building up the tension.

Promo Video

Here's the race video. I wish the camera had been out front. But it kick arse anyway.

The big race

I wish I could have been there to see it go down but that's a long way for me to drive just to watch a race. I hope ya'll get as big a kick out of it as I did.

Larry

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2004, 01:41 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

well. dang it ta heck. i thought for sure the bb would a took it....

maybe two outta three?

Old 07-14-2004, 02:48 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

Coldknock, can't get the race to run (story of my life). By CL's post I suspect the SB won this round, and am not surprised. Think 2 out of 3 would be a better measure.

Trees
Old 07-14-2004, 04:36 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

looked to me like the nova failed to hook up. run em again i say.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:13 PM

Last photo:

They will probably have a rematch. The Nova unloaded the tires and started spinning. He lifted to recover and never caught up.

One blip of the throttle cost him the bragging rights for now. Even if he had hooked up it would have been very close. Kevin didn't change much from last season so his times are very similar on average.

Monty hasn't posted any times from the video or any of the testing. Last year he was running 7.90's and couldn't hook up very well because of the torque from the 461" small block.

I'd guess the potential for each car is close. It's a gamble as to who will win the next one.

Larry

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.