BBC to 93 camaro swap or maybe something else? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 06:12 PM
WV hillbilly

Last journal entry: PTL 220CC
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

BBC to 93 camaro swap or maybe something else?

Hey I just recieved a 93 camaro in on a trade with no motor or trans.. I believe this is a 3.4 V-6 car... Here is what im wanting... something on the street (NO street racing) but with about 500hp I want the car to be balanced as much as possible because I have decided to carve some corners rather than go straight line performance.

I have a BBC its a 427 with about 11:1 CR but Im afraid that even with an aftermarket K-member its still going to be nose heavy whitch I do not want.. and I want to go FI not carb

a n/a 350-427" small block?... Im not really sure what engine combo would make 500hp and not make so much tq I break the tires loose everytime I step in it..

also what aftermarket FI systems would support 500 hp n/a? I was looking at edelbrock pro flo system but it didnt exactly say how much HP it would support.

so basicaly for a road racing camaro what combo would you think would be the best? no crate engine advice please Id rather build what i race <.<

I also dont really wanna go with an lsx set up or anything like that as I dont feel i need it for only 500hp.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2012, 05:50 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Been there done that, I built a 92 Camaro had a smblk 350 in it with well over 500, 2 draw backs to 82-01 F-bodys ! be prepared to put a ladder link & frame connector kit under the car. so you can get the torq arm off the tranny. you will also need too put a stronger rearend under the car the 7.5 rear is a breakage waiting too happen. If you spend money on a aftermarket k-member go with a good crom-moly unit 3 times stronger and 1/2 the weight of mild steel s&w racecar offers some awesome parts for the suspention on these cars. Problem 2 the flex of these cars with or without frame connectors wil litterally rip the roof off of the car exspecially 93 up because the roof panel on those cars were mostly fiberglass glued to the car so you will need to invest in a rollbar if you plan on stuffing more than 350 hp in the car, as far as engine combos I would stuff a smallblock in it simply to save 300lbs of the front end however bigblocks are nice too. I would also suggest solid roller cam set up with roller rockers and alum. heads on anything you deside on as far as fuel injection there are several companys out there Gm offers the ram jet set up, holley offers several,fast offers several, msd offers a few,as far as electronic, there are also several mechanical hilborn, etc. it just depends on what you want to spend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bbc, camaro

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.