Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - BBC Alcohol questions
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Gary View Post
As I think about this more,I can't even begin to imagine today's money what a set of tires and rims cost.I would think it would take yrs to get on the tour.
no you need sponsors and I herd they are actually looking for new trucks to join in. But that was a few years back.

50K for an engine seems high but todays money is not going very far these days. this is why it in important to find an engine builder already in the game and can get things together cheaply. If you pay retail for everything then 50K is easy number to reach.

1200 hp is good enough. If you can stand the truck on its wheels you are good to go. its a lot of work just to get them back on the track next week after an event. Spend most of your time on that.

Yep world of product merlin block is what grave digger and most of the guys run. 1500 hp is all most of then run. more probably wont make it faster. just more likely to break.

Axels and drive shafts blow out for many reasons. basicly they are as strong as they can make them and they are not good enough. Once they get out of alignment and you whack the gas they will snap the drive shaft right off. So this is why you see them snap on the landings. But yes jumping a truck is hard on everything. even simple things need to be bolted down with strong bolts and washers just to keep a 1 pound item in place during a jump. These are not like trophy trucks they do not land smooth.