Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - BBC Blower and characterisic idle surge
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 04:23 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Forged pistons are more resistant to detonation than either cast or hyper, but if your engine is tuned right, you won't encounter detonation...I run hyper pistons in my 144 blown 355...

Two bolt mains are fine as long as you keep the RPM's reasonable...You will have so much freaking torque you won't need to wind it anyway...My engine is limited to 6000rpm max...

Look for a cam with wider lobe seperation, and more lift and duration on the exhaust side. I used a Comp Nitrous HP grind in my engine and it performs great. Smooth idle and pulls like a raped ape to redline...

I would also like to add that modifying an existing carburetor for a blower motor can be a real headache unless you are a carb guru...I went with a 750 Mighty Demon and haven't looked back since...

I would also add that you really need to watch your fuel system and make sure it is up to the task of fueling the beast...Just personal experience...BEST OF LUCK!