Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - BBC hyd roller cam help
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Yada Yada Yada

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The 781 heads are 700hp capable in full ported form with big valves. Suerstock super gas combo. (big racey roller 14:1cr)

They need some porting and the big valves for your motor. The valve job is critical for power on these heads. They make amazing power and torque on street motors just like this, using one of the many cams I suggested. ALl these will work very very well.

Follow my recomendations easy 550+hp and a ton of torque. with the solid flat tappets, more with the mech street rollers.
Big reliable power on nitrous that does not crap out before the end of the track
The hyd will.

I just went thru this with a friend here on his pro street 396 chevelle with nitrous.
He loves his new XR286R-10 mech street roller cam and K kit. . And has seen the light. The motor really hauls the freight now.

BBC's work way better with a mechanical cam. ALl the fast OEM hi perf muscle car BB's Chev Ford chrysler ran solid lifter cams. for a very good reason.
Hyd rollers are fine for 5500 rpm or less.
How far down the track do you want to get.?

Last edited by F-BIRD'88; 10-14-2012 at 02:38 PM.