BBC stumble on part half throttle - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2010, 04:00 PM
throw me under the bus agian

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

BBC stumble on part half throttle

so now that i got my heads figured out, my next problem ....right now i got a 850 eddy matching intake, 60 over 454. its almost 100% tuned right, ( timing ect. ) the problem im having is in the dist. the weights to be more specific ( i think ) its a msd cap rotor and coil, accel weights, and springs. i think i got it too far advanced, too light of springs to be exact. ( making the advance too quickly ) when i really romp on it , it takes a moment to "catch up" kinda sputters, then screams. now, i haven't had this carb apart either, as far as i know, its all stock. the motor do sent ping or anything. could it possibly be getting too much fuel dumped in it to fast? causing the sputter? right now its 15 initial degrees, plus the weight which are smaller than stock, one black spring, ( heavier ) one white spring , ( one step below black ) im leaning towards to much carb, but id love opinions , mike

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 06:37 PM
More for Less Racer

It's not getting enough fuel dumped in fast enough when you hit the throttle, that is a lean sputter you have, not rich. It needs to have a bigger accelerator pump shot to "cover" this lean sputter. Go bigger on the pump adjustment, and you may need to change tha accelerator pump nozzle to a larger size too if just the adjustment doesn't fix it.

Very common problem with a modified engine. This is why there are tuning adjustments and tuning parts for carbs, they are never perfect for each person right out of the box, they are just baseline set to get you up and running so you can tune it.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:08 PM
throw me under the bus agian

Last photo:

damn it didnt cross my mind its not getting enough fuel, i totally figured it was flooding it, i guess i never have owned a built BB either though. thanks for the reply, mike

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.