Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - BC/CC multi color multi color w/stripes ?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 04:09 PM
Almost an old guy...

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

First time BC/CC multi color w/stripes question

I am planning on painting a 3 color paint job and need some advice on the best way to do it. I am planning on painting the car using BC/CC, and it is going to be tiger striped. Iím not new to painting cars but in the past I have only used single stage paint so BC/CC is new to me and Iím not sure how to proceed exactly.

My plan is to paint the base color (orange) then fade in the white underbelly on the sides, this is where the hard part comes in for me the stripes. Some of the parts will have to be painted separately then assembled to the car to tape out the stripes then removed again for the black stripe paint and CC.

Being that for me at least this will be at a 2-3 day job due to the amount of assembly and disassembly, Iím wondering how long do I have to do this before I have to clear the BC and Iím wondering if it would be best to put maybe a coat or two of clear over the orange and white and then stripe over the clear then clear again when the stripes are done.

My thinking is that say it is a day or more before I finish the tapeing for the stripes it wonít be a big deal if I have clear on and scuff it before I start, or is my thinking AFU?

Needless to say I want to do this right and I only want to do it once Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,
Lance

Last edited by LanceM; 07-15-2005 at 05:39 PM.