Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - BC/CC multi color multi color w/stripes ?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 10:47 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

go with these guys recommendations. try and use intercoat whenever you can. it save time and alot of work. as far as recoat....most that i have seen recommend 24 hours. personally i think thats BS. everthing i paint has some sort of graphics or airbrushing on it. alot of these jobs can get very intricate and take a long time especially when you are working on 3 at once. its not uncommon for me to have something based out and sit for 2-3 weeks while artwork is being done. when its done i clear it like anything else. i do get to see alot of customers and i have never seen one project where the clear is chipping off. they look as good 2 years later as the day i sprayed it. so basically i wouldn't worry about it. if for some reason you feel it has sat too long then mix up some intercoat 50/50 with high or very high temp reducer and spray a coat on an hour before you plan on clearing. the solvents should just soften up that base. you can also add about 10% reducer to your clear.