Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - BC/CC over SS Urethane.
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 05:38 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I was wondering when someone was going to ask that question.

First, there are no hard tape lines. Itís hard to see; but, if you look closely the paper is rolled back creating a soft edge thatís easier to feather edge. Prior to papering I use a red scratch pad to scuff the area around where Iím going to primer. Using this technique keeps my work areas to a minimum so I donít have to base larger areas than needed thus saving material or at least stretching the materials I use. Yeah, Iím cheap with paint, but neat.

After removing the paper I blocked the primered areas with 320, then went to 800, then finished scuffing all areas to be painted with a gray scuffpad. His is my normal procedure. Nothing fancy, just straightforward.

Additionally, this is a tricky color. If I tried to blend that color with the color primer you see I would have been presenting pictures of a poor color blend than those pictured. No matter how much paint I used the gray primer would have presented a darker contrast through the basecoat. Therefore, white sealer as recommended was used; although, not pictured. Base purchased was only an eight of a pint.