Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Bearing Trouble
Thread: Bearing Trouble
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I`ve used all kinds of stuff for lube, this, came from the very same reason for me picking up wrenches as well as for many others. When your poor you use what works and when your poor you can`t afford to let someone else do it so you have to do it yourself. To this day, I don`t like to use that stuff many call "Cherry lube" it`s too thin and it runs off far too easy. I perfer to use moly lube, but I will use white lube, which I`ve heard about a 100 guys tell me not to and I haven`t had a failure yet. I started turning wrenches when I was six as I was forced to do so by my father. Over the years my older brother who was 10 years older than me and very much a natural at it, taught me from there. I did my first complete rebuild at 12 which was a 140 cubic inch Ford 4 cylinder out of a 1979 Mustang. The biggest goof that I can say I am guilty of was not cleaning the bore of the block enough to get all the hone grit out. And to this day, I`ve seen many do rebuilds, and I look at the bore and can tell it`s not clean, I tell them and they blow it off, telling me it won`t hurt nothing. So I just say okay, have it your way and move on.
That`s why I urge so many newbies on here that are doing a build to clean it, clean it and clean it some more as it`s so easy to be overlooked.