Hot Rod Forum banner

beater car problems

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  02 0n 20s 
#1 ·
whats up guys and gals. . im new to thes boards. . ive been reading them for quite some time and now im in need of a little bit of help so i decided to see if anyone here can help. im sorry it's not hot rod related but it is automotive related. ive been having some problems with my winter beater car for a few days now and im starting to become a little stumped on what the problem could be. ok. . . here the deal..

i have a 1985 oldsmobile calais and its got the 2.5 (4tech) motor in it. all of a sudden im having a really bad problem with air pressure in my crankcase and because if that im getting oil in my air filter, its actually so bad that its blowing oil out of my valve cover gasket and my oil cap and leaving puddles on the ground. i replaced the valve cover gasket, pcv valve, crankcase filter and its still happening. if i removed the oil cap with the car running there is a good deal of air coming out of the valve cover that i know is not suppsoed to be there. this is not just a oil leak, there is a good deal of pressure in there that blows out the hole. does this make sence to anyone:confused: :confused:
the car still runs great and does not burn any oil or smoke in anyway so i dont think thats its seeping past the rings. as a matter of fact i just drove it about 30 miles with no problems other then a little oil dripping on the exhaust manifold and smoking when i sit at a red light. is it possible that its a headgasket leak. and maybe its leaking into one of the oil jackets?? im planning on running a compression test tomorrow and see if that tells me anything. can anyone make anything out of this??:confused:

Thanks in advance

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.