Hot Rod Forum banner

Beater Vettes?

4K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  MrNomad 
#1 ·
i was just wondering if any body had seen a beater vette for sale lately because I had an idea for a project car but needed to get an idea on a price. i want the price of a C2 vette so i can make a price list on microsoft excell.
:welcome:

#29 ·
The early C4s go for cheap around here, usually they have too many miles of rode hard and put away wet. toss in the electrical and instrumentation troubles inherent in the early ones, 3-5K is not out of the question. As mentioned earlier, you will spend at least that much more to make it somewhat reliable and safe.

#30 ·
Kevin45 said:
Beings that you are 16 there is a difference as to what you call a beater Vette and what someone considerably older calls a beater Vette. The main difference being affordability. What are you looking to spend for a beater Vette would more determine if it is actually a beater, a rebuildable, or so far gone you would have to pay someone to take it off of your hands. If you only have $300-500 and looking for a beater, then forget it. It won't happen. If you have $3000-4000 and looking for a beater then you will find something in that price range but will more than likely need to add that much more to it just to make it road worthy and safe.

No i currently have $7500 but after doing the math i figured i shoud have at least $12K

#31 ·
I am buying a 94 for my daily driver if the financing comes through. But it is taking lots of effort. I will find a way to make it happen. However I have been at it since last friday.

I saw an 85 or so at a tote the note lot. Had a manual 4+3 and well I could see all the problems I could not see. It had been puked canned painted on the interior and in the engine compartment. It had 220k miles and they wanted 4 grand. It needs at least that much in work I am sure. You can find a little better C3 corvettes for around the same price + or -.

#32 ·
"Beater Vette" For Sale

Eastcoast SBC,

Did you ever find your "beater vette??

I have a 77 L-82 Auto. Vette w/88,000 miles that is in the "Survivor Class". Absolutely no rust to the frame or other metal parts.
It has the front clip removed because of a 20 MPH accident on 08/22/06. Pictures are available.
If you would be interested, give me a call and I'll give you full details.
cell # 574-370-7962
home # 574-537-0099

I just decided to sell the Vette......so am taking offers.

Thanks, Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.