Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Beating a dead horse, Timing help please
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 07:07 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by malc
For me it started at this post, you stated your carb hasīnt got vacuum ports when it damn well has, this you ignored as well and went back to the balancer.

First of all check the stuff you have then if itīs wrong replace it.
There is more than enough info in this thread to do what you have to do.
Find top dead center and make a pointer out of an old coat hanger if you have to to get started.
Your next post should be thank you guys I got īer dun.
I know my carb has vacuum ports, I just said that they are full manifold vacuum not timed. And the picture of the baseplate you posted is not totally like mine. Mine has the two in the front and one big one in the back. I know the one in the back is full vacuum and at least one of the two in the front is full as well. I havent checked the second one in the front yet for full or timed vacuum.

Im just waiting on a new balancer. Should be here in two days.

I was driving the truck around for about a week before the balancer issue. It ran okay and had a ton of power. It would annihilate the tires at 30mph and continue spinning all th way through drive. But at that point it was not timed with a light. I just set it until it sounded and performed okay. It got a little hot though. Thats why I was thinking I should time it. Incase its running hot because of it being out of time.