Hot Rod Forum banner

Beautiful tool boxes I saw yesterday at the Goodguys.

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Irelands child 
#1 ·
These boxes were really nice, they run from about $800 to $4000. :D

Brian

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Might be because I work with wood everyday or something else, but I really hate wood tool boxes.. I love tool boxes too. Just not made out of wood. It just seems wrong to me.

If I was going to make a wood tool box I could blow those out of the water! :cool: But I would never do that because its wrong. :D

#8 ·
MARTINSR said:
Give the guy a call I am sure he would make one for you with a fridge in it.

Brian

like most rodders i think i would take a crack and making the boxes myself.

even if i won 50million in the canadan lottery (no tax! :p ) i would buy the tools to make them rather than buy them.

looks like fine craftsmanship tho and a great item for ppl inclined to buy stuff in a finished product.

#9 ·
MARTINSR said:

that stainless unit is a decent deal but i would like to jump in a draw first before i buy one.

there is a factory here in canada that manufactures boxes they carry a few different names i think husky is one of them.

that bar fridge is somthing i would buy before taking a crack at making my own

#11 ·
Looks to me that the building houses has slowed down and they are making ends meet. Beautiful boxes bit I am with Trees on this one, too pretty. Maybe if I had a real pretty set of tools I never used cuz they were to pretty...but then I would have won the lotto. ;)

#15 ·
Those are very nicely done but would have to use them for my wood working tools, not mechanics tools (or else, if my wife saw them would become bedroom furniture :( )

I have and use an antique wood tool box. I bought it at an auction many years ago for $8.00 full of unknown tools which turned out to be toolmaker's once I figured out the combination. Most of those tools I was able to sell at a profit over my buying price :D

I currently use it to store a lot of those odds and ends we all end up with along with the top drawer full of a couple hundred drill bits that have either been resharpened or need to be

It needs another good clean up - but is very nicely built:

Dave W.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.