Been Lurking Finally Joined - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2004, 03:19 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Been Lurking Finally Joined

Been checking this site out for a bit now, and liked what you all have been doing with your projects etc.

I live in Toronto Ontario area and am a heavy collision truck mechanic, been at it some twenty years now, and operate my own small shop that is part of a larger full service truck shop. State of the art facility, including double downdraft spray booth with baking, and indoor sandblasting.

I handle all the heavy collision and regular bodywork involving all sections of heavy trucks. I enjoy the work.

I'm the kinda guy that likes to help when I can and offer up my two cents worth here and there. Looks like I will learn a thing or two here, judging from the posts and replies that I have read, this is a very informed group of people here.

Included a pic of my office.

I look forward to all that the forum can offer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	office.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1544  

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2004, 03:28 PM
RatRod B4 RatRods were Cool

Last photo:

Welcome! pull up a chair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

Glad to have you. Care if I dig around in some of those tool box drawers?I want to see what all you keep in those little boxes.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:49 PM

yeah, those boxes are loaded, I need another roll cab. It never stops.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:53 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

Ummm... Big rig. After reading rubbermans post, don't tell anyone I wanted to dig through your drawers o.k? I'm not that kinda fella.

Last edited by 38 special; 04-14-2004 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:08 PM

Hey Big I am thinking of buying an old vette if it needs body and paint are you game.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

see the problem with old vettes is that morons restamp the blocks on them.

K
Old 04-13-2004, 03:58 PM

North American- I'm not interested myself, but my painter would be, he has a home shop and build rods there. He is up around Arthur, I'm in Milton. Been at this some 30 years and could likely cut you a decent deal.
My painter is doing a pickup right now for 1500.00 two tone and base clear, very cheap, he has another lined up for next week, 1500.00 one color base clear. He is doing these in our shop though, as we are in transition right now from one owner to another.
I limit myself to trucks, once in awhile I will do a pickup, did all the customizing rod stuff back in the 80 s, not tired of it, just economics, unfortunately very little money in cars, more in heavy truck. Cost of runining the overhead is getting out of hand. Lots of shops in Brampton, really hurting right now, some closing.

Pm me if and when you want something like that done, and will put you in touch with someone who will do a good job for you at a reasonable rate.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:07 AM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

Welcome to Hotrodders.com

do not, i repeat DO NOT have anything to do with this NORTH AMERICA character outside of this forum. when your not looking he will try to ease in the back door if you know what i mean. and then he'll try to sell you a faked numbers car.... trust me.

nice shop.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:10 AM

Last photo:

The one thing we don't like on our board are 'trolls'. They are folks who just show up to talk trash and pretty much try to start anything controversial. Just try not to pay them any attention and they'll get themselves booted in no time. Happens every so often.

Glad to see you made it Big Rig, feel free to post more in the lounge so we can get to know ya.

MoocH
Old 04-14-2004, 07:28 PM

I checked the email before I went to work this morning and had a reply from this thread, anyhow, bugged me all day, as I had lurked around here for a week or so, read many posts and then had decided to join. Was surprised re North America, thought today, to dissolve my membership, thought, man I just joined and this happens.

I have memberships at a couple of welding/fab sites, never had a problem like this before.

As one fella pointed out, these things happen.

Okay so a little more about me, our shop is becomming a Volvo heavy truck dealership at the end of this month, looks like I will be in charge of the body department, I was the manager estimator, body collision guy floor sweeper when we were under the old management. I had told the new owners that I wanted back on the floor, doing what I do, less hassle, easier day, would rather, hammer, cut/weld and grind all day anyways. They gave me a whole separate bay all to myself, that I can easily fit a couple of tractors in, this would have been ideal for me, working and no one to bother me.

I went out the other day and bought all the supplies and tomorrow I get hooked up with the gas for the torches and welders.

I have been in the trade for many years and have accumulated all the equipment from plasma cutters to Huck guns.

One day I might be making a mold out of fibreglass for a Frieghtliner fender the next day, shortening a truck frame.

I did all the car stuff back in the 80's, not to say I have no interest in it, last one I did was a 72 Cougar XR 7, three months of my time straight and about 12 grand, after it was done, it bored me. It's the building aspect of it that appeals.

I'II post some pics of some of the work that I do, before after shots and stuff that I think might interest you guys.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.