Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Before and After(Virtual Kustomz), part 2

43K views 350 replies 79 participants last post by  Jon 
#1 ·
can u please do a 1980 camaro for me.(black,tinted windows,semi fat tires in back,)Thanx :)

#306 · (Edited)
Nightfire said:
7Skylark6 you did a great job. :thumbup: thanks a lot. What program do you use? I only have microsoft paint and that's why the S-10 on the previous page turned out crappy.

Mike
Thanks. I use a program for invitations. I's called 5,000Invitations. But you can do most of the stuff that you can do on photoshop. You can get it at OfficeMax for like $20 bucks or were ever they sell software. Its cool.

#307 ·
Hahhahahhahahaa.... ?

40fordtruck_son...
The pipes .... :rolleyes: maybe a little low....!
n0w that I look at it again ...
:D LOL

"I guess we could just bolt a piece of magnesium to'em and you can throw
sparks when you bottom out ... !!!! :thumbup: :D

#311 ·
Re: Hahhahahhahahaa.... ?

treekiller said:
40fordtruck_son...
The pipes .... :rolleyes: maybe a little low....!
n0w that I look at it again ...
:D LOL

"I guess we could just bolt a piece of magnesium to'em and you can throw
sparks when you bottom out ... !!!! :thumbup: :D

more show!!! CHA CHING!!! :thumbup: just make sure i dont gotta gas leak. :pain:

#316 ·
I've been searching the internet looking for someone to do a drawing of what my car will look like when finished. I finally found this thread. There's a lot of very talented guys on here doing the Photoshop stuff. I've never been good at computer graphics.

I have a challenge to post to all you guys doing these extremely cool virtual customs. I have an image in my head of what my 1934 Plymouth will look like when I'm done with it one day, and I'd like to have a drawing of the finished car. I've seen lots of guys drawing these cars, so I'd like to nicely ask for your time to help me out. The best drawing posted here of my car will be used as the main logo for my website, http://www.RustToRod.com. It will be right under the words Rust To Rod on the upper left corner of every page. To give respect, I will give you credit for the drawing on my Credits page, with your name and a link to your website if you have one. I'll also do a mouse-over on the image, so when you hover your mouse over the image, it will say "Logo designed by _your name_". I've posted several high resolution images of the car, about 600kb, on my website at this page

http://www.rusttorod.com/other/newsitelogo.htm

In the high-res pics you can see some green reference marks on the B pillar. Each green line is 1/2" wide, and the space between the marks is 1/2" wide. I'd like to see what the car would look like with a 2 to 3" chopped top, shaved handles and hidden hinges, smooth running boards, with Boyd Coddington's Nemesis wheels, slammed with airbags. For the paint, I'm thinking a copper bronze, or maybe a silvery-pewter-gunmetal looking color. Ghost flames down the side of the hood to the doors one color shade off from the main paint color so you can just barely see them.

I know it's a big favor to ask, but I think my wife will be more interested in the car if she can see the finished product. Those of you who are married know that's very important! I have a large format printer, so I want to print out a poster to hang up in the shop too. I don't think we can post high-res pictures on here, so email your drawing to me at rusttorod@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance!!!!
-Shane

#319 · (Edited)
rusttorod :

sorry man I tried to play around with it but, the color scheme you got going there ain't work'n out to well , I could maybe use a pix of another car if you can find one you like.( but I think that would be defeating your original purpose ?)
The varying colors and splotches of primer are throwing everything off,..... maybe some of the other guys had better results?

I'll keep playing around w/it .
just didn't want ya to think you were being shunned for being the new guy, "it's just a odd image to change "

#320 ·
Re: hotroding my own packard

54clipperman said:
I like the looks of you clipper. I just bought a 54 clipper special 4door. Its my first car. I bought a 496 chevy motor that i am going to put in it. I am glad people are keeping the packard name alive with some pretty cool looking hotrods.
Are you refering to the blue Packard Clipper that I had posted to be photochopped? If so, Its not mine, just one I found on the internet. Mine is in no condition to be photochopped, I have pics of it here . And also in my project journal.

I plan on doing a full resto to mine as soon as I get a real job (not foord service). I thought about dropping in some form of a V8, but I think I may leave my I-8 288 in there. These cars need to be kept alive.

Chris

#321 ·
Hey treekiller,
I know exactly what you mean. The rusty primer color was the main problem I had too. I was hoping someone might know how to change the car color without losing the shading and contours of the body. I have collected lots of pictures of other '34 Plymouth cars to get ideas for my car. I'll post some of those on my website soon. I'll also print out a copy of one of those pictures, and trace the outline of the car in pencil, and scan that back into my computer. Do you think a pencil drawing of the basic shape would help? Has anyone ever talked to the guy at http://www.rodvisions.com? He does drawings of cars like this. I think he does awesome work, judging from the samples on his website, but it's just a little hard to get approval from the CFO at home for his $120 fee. It's worth every penny in my opinion, but I can't shell out that cash right now for artwork. I'll try to post my traced drawing on here soon.
I really appreciate the help!!
-Shane

#322 ·
Na ...an outline won't help me any ....
just like I said post a pix of "one you like" and I'll change it to the colors your wanting when I get time. :D

and talking about drawings : there was a member on this board , that was doing some really nice stuff , I can't remeber who it was , maybe some one else here does.

and the guy that started this thread is really good at this stuff maybe you can contact him directly .... ? I think he has a web site ? But I haven't seen his name pop up on the board lately.

#325 ·
Ok treekiller, I have just posted a bunch of pictures of 1934 Plymouth cars on my website at this address:

http://www.rusttorod.com/other/34plypics.htm

The top row are some of my favorites. I really like the camera angle on this black one, I think it might make a good website logo.

Did anyone see the last episode of OverHaulin'? I really love the realistic flames on that '68 Camero. I think I'll do something like that on my car.

Thanks guys!!
-Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.