Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Beginner Question
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

I must have been about 13 when I bought my first Hot Rod magazine. I read through it and then asked my dad what a "manifold" was. He didn't know. I forget who explained it to me, probably the "older" kid down the street who was 18. I just kept readin' and askin' questions and by the age of 16, I was workin' at the local drag strip and rubbin' shoulders with the fast guys.

If I were you, I'd begin at your local library. They will have an automotive section and should also have a collection of magazines such as Hot Rod, Car Craft, Street Rodder, Rod & Custom and others. Do some reading, writing down your questions and then ask them on this board. We'll help you as much as we can. Don't just read the articles, read the advertisements also.

And by the way, this site that you're on is loaded with information that will help you. Go to the wiki and look around. All free.

If you do find some books that you'd like to own, buy them used. I've been buying used books for years and have saved a bundle. Here's a for-instance, David Vizard's "How to rebuild a small block Chevy".....
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by techinspector1; 11-10-2012 at 07:36 PM.