Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - bench race air dyno my 489
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 05:22 PM

Last journal entry: was hoping for better than this
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

bench race air dyno my 489

I'm going to put together (fingers crossed) this winter my bbc stoker

looking on picking a few peoples brains.. as I'm sure a lots changed since 2002 when I bought all the parts for this build...
it's a standard bore 4 bolt 454 that will be bored 30 over and to piston to wall clearance that srp list for the pistons..
the pistons are dome type yeilding a 10.2 to 1 static compression with 118cc heads... my heads are 121cc
srp doesn't list it but I'm going to guess that their compression listing is with the piston at zero deck...
the intake is a dart single plane.. picked single plane as I plane on efi down the road and it's not going to loose to much low end at 489 c.i.d.. and in efi.. it not be much of a factor..
the heads are darts pro 1's 345cc(not cnc ported) but will be port matched to intake gaskets the intake valve is 2.3" and the port flows398 @.800lift/28"
the exhaust port is raised .3" and exhaust valve is 1.88" and port flows 266cfm port is 129cc

the cam is a solid roller

I have a 3 piece timing cover and the "hex-a-just" timing set to play with the timing to "dial in the power" at the track..

I haven't done anything but have the block magged..
in an engine like this what to I leave on the table not bringing the piston deck to zero?
untill efi I have 5 carbs to test on it.. 3310 750 vac 2nd, a 750 d/p and a 850 full race bearclaw, a 800 cfm q jet, and a standard q jet,
I have 2 dissy's a MSD billet and a g.m. points type converted with a crane convertion kit..
the bottom end is all good stuff as I plan on spray (2 stage)
lunati crank (4.25" stroke) and crowler rods (6.385")
full rollerized s/s rockers and arp everything... and march serp belt system...
windage control /etc/etc

what you say... bench race this...
was going in my 70 chevelle, but thats gone.. so it'll be in my 71 c-10 3800 lb's, th400 g/v and reargear up in the air, stall converter I have is 3300-3500...
anyone have a dyno sim.. to get a over inflated hp/ft lb numbers out of..

should I look at different cams?
truck will be a weekend toy/ summer toy with some track time..
spray will be after I get it to hook on its own.. if that ever happens..

Flame suit on
computer dynos go..