Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Bending Exhaust pipe
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2004, 09:08 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the replies. After considering everything it probably would be better to just have some local shop do a couple bends for me. I just have to pre plan and figure out the degree and radius of the bends first so they know exactly what to do. The exhaust I'm working on is for my daily driver, 94 mustang GT. I custom fab'd dual side exhaust for it a couple years ago, and I've just decided I'm not completely happy with the way it sounds because the fact that just 4 cylinders are exiting on each side, so the full range of sound really isn't there when you're listening to one side or the other. What I'm thinking of doing is routing the exhaust just like the stock formation except bending the ends of the tailpipes towards the middle of the car and having them exit out through a cutout at the bottom of the rear fender. My side pipes now have about a 75 or 80 degree bend in them that I can cut and use, so I'll use that joint for the bend around the rear of the car. That was my biggest concern right there. I'll probably finish off the end of the exhaust with 4 small chrome oval tips. Thanks again for the advice.

Zeek