Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Benefits of an H pipe on a 305 TPI?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 09:23 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1 View Post
Hogg,

Cool cars!

Sorry you just lost your Dad. That's cool you are keeping t he '57 up for your mom to continue going to shows in it.

There's kind of a story about my '55 too. The reason that's what I had to have is that I was born that year and my Dad bought a new 2 door 210 with a 265 that year too. He loved that car and always talked about it and how it would "skid" the tires (leave rubber). It's long gone though. He got hit hard in the quarter panel in '57 and chose to give it up and get a new '57 sitting on the lot. It was a 4 door Bel Air with a 6 cylinder and he just didn't like that car as well as the '55.

I wish he was around to see my '55. I know he would love it.
thanks, since we are sharing stories, I have quite the "personal" connection with the 57 in primer above. That was the car I was conceived in, so the story goes. Not sure if I beleive it though, since we all know our parents, never actually copulated, right? There must be a WHOLE LOT of immaculate conception going on in the world, lol.
My parents got married, bought property and built a house had my Brother and myself, car was sold. I still have the advertisment from the newspaper. It reads "1957 2-Door hardtop, Corvette 327, 4-speed, 4.11 gears, Stewart Warner gauges, bucket seats, $2200 OBO.
It sold for $1500 and that money went towards his new garage that he built on the same property that his house is on.

I really like the 55's as well. I think they are supposed to be a bit lighter than the 57's. Which is why they are the more popular "shoebox" for drag racing.
I really like the "Belair" floor mats in your '55. Where did you get those, if you dont mind me asking?

It's funny how our parents influence us. I'm a GM guy through and through, just like Dad was. He was a great guy and I miss him. Thanks for the condolences. I guarentee that your Dad is smiling that you have such a beautiful '55.

peace
Hog