Best Car Movies . . . - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2005, 01:25 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Two that arent really car movies, but had some neat aussie cars and some neat chase scenes were Mad Max and the Road Warrior, super cheezy acting and plot, but some neat chases.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2005, 05:04 AM
Wookie

The French Connection, The Itallian Job, To Live and Die in LA, all have great chase scenes, Gone in 60 Seconds (BOTH)
Dazed and Confused. and of Coarse Bullit, Vanishing Point.
Didnt McQ with John Wayne have a nice Mustang fastback in it (as well as a Mac 10)
Old 03-19-2005, 10:08 AM

Last photo:

Movie

The origional version of "Gone in 60 Seconds", from back in 75 was a lot better car movie than was the later version, and more realistic, in my humble opinion.
It seems that remakes are never as good as the origionals.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:06 PM

Last photo:

Max Keith,That is the one I was talking about.It has a behind the scenes dvd.He was true car guy.His friends where the actors,it was all about the cars.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:40 PM

Last photo:

best car movies

Dittos Redlightning;
When the origional "Gone in 60 Seconds" was filmed, the junk yard they used for the chop shop was right across the street from the main gate at Long Beach Naval Base. I was stationed there at the time, saw them doing some of the filming. Was pretty neat.
And who could forget Robert Michum in "Thunder Road". Now that was a class movie. Anyone got a spare copy of it on DVD or VHS? Wouldnt mind having a copy on one or the other.
BTW, there is an outfit in Ca that has bought up about every car movie ever made, at least all the good ones, and a lot of the car cult movies from the 50's and 60's, like "Hotrods from Hell", etc. Ill see if I can locate the name of the outfit and Ill post it on this thread. They must have over 200 movies.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Bowtie or Die!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecigio
68Velle, I saw Duel too the other day on T鬩-Qu鮠I thought it was a good movie but some scene were unrealistic. I also found the actor was really bad . But I found the truck was pretty good looking.
Did you know the movie " The Duel" was Spielberg's first movie! Anyone ever see Crazy Larry and Dirty Marry car movie?
Old 03-21-2005, 07:50 AM
brains

Last photo:

I loved the MADMAX and Beyond thunder dome... Tina turner was still sexy back then too.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:08 PM
Spit 'n bailin' wire

Last journal entry: A very short run.
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Velle
I just watched a movie last night, called Duel, has this nasty old semi (it was so awesome) chasing some salesman in a valiant through rural california. I'm really glad I got to see that.

That old flick is pretty good, but for about a week you get the willies when a Mack gets to close in the rearview.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Rebuild an alternator Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

Movies

Doc here,

American Graffiti was Good, reminded my of ALL the STUFF you COULD get away with way back when... and the Cars WE used to run on the street...(some of which had no right to exist in nature..Vise grips for shift linkage, pipe wrench for steering wheel replacement, "Open Air" headers..) and was basically the story of my typical summer weekend nights....(I was voted most likely to grow up to be Charles Mansion by my high school classmates, Before Mansion was around...)

WE Had the "Strip" and anybody from the Bay Area in he 60's knows what I mean...It was a Cruise on East 14 th street that extended through 3 city's, Oakland where I grew up, San Leandro and Hayward...And On an Average night took a tank of fuel and 4 hours to make one circuit...Unless you opted to Park at the front of the old White Front parking lot, and let the honey's come to you! They finally had to shut it down because (the combined City consul's Said) you couldn't move emergency Vehicles through the street during "Cruise" times...and came up with new city ordinances :"Vehicular Loitering" in an attempt to "Thin" the crowd... Didn't work so swell...

BUT MY ALLTIME FAVORITE: Christine.....

Simply because I own her resurrected Spirit in my daily driver Vette....

Pure EVil, and Jealous as hell! The Car was Manufactured on the EXACT day my youngest son was born, It's annual registration (since new) falls on my daughter's birthday, and the Insurance is due each year on the date of my divorce (Oct 31...ding dong the witch is dead...)

The Car runs Excellent 99.99% of the time....Throw a THREATENING Female into the mix...and it will refuse to run, run crappy or try to kill us both....Cases in point...

Had a 7:30 date 30 miles away, stopped in for gas (falls under the category of Demonic care and feeding...) Shut "HER " off , filled it up and paid the guy, went to start it...no go....
Futzed around with it for about 20 minutes...No go had Spark, fuel, and air...Now even a cave man could get fire with that mix...Finally the mechanic from within the bay after watching me for the last 20, came out (STAND BACK...I'M A PROFESSIONAL!) and say's let me look at it...after 10 minutes ... no go....NOW the starter is dropping in and out...Probably From Being bored of working on Audi's and BEEMER's all day , and not wanting to look dumb , decides to make this American Muscle Car as a project...

He Rolls his tune up machine out on the pump isle...hooks it up and begins to "Do his thing" (Now my car looks like it's on life-support...looking for a priest...last rights...UHUMMNA~AHUMNA~AHUMNA) after another 10 or so minutes, he scratches his head, and say's "I Just don't understand it...It has everything it needs to run but, WON"T..." I said, Dude, let me borrow your Cell, I'll Cancel the Date, and call a hook...Which I did...15 minutes later the tow service shows up with a flat bed, and begins winching it up...I said" one last time, let me try...at a 45 degree angle in the air...I Hit it and it fired right off..All I had to do was cancel the date...

Later that month, I loaned the car to the female in question, for the night, went to pick it up the next day, and asked: (Knowing it's nature) "Anything happen?"...."No all was well" ....ON the way home...and at the busiest intersection in town..at rush hour the BRAKES totally failed! There one minute, gone the next! Making an immediate Right hand turn up and over the sidewalk, through some of the city's finest playground grass, and oleander's, (looked like the guy on Caddy shak on steroids...) back out into the traffic stream on the main, I limped the car two blocks to the local brake shop, where I had them inspect and repair anything they found wrong with the brakes..Before I finished filling out the paperwork, the tech comes in and Say's "What's wrong with the brakes? Seem fine to me..." I went out into the bay, and sure enough...plenty of pedal.... I said...put a whole NEW system in anyway!

I think the Car has my phone tapped...my email monitored, my mail scanned..UNLESS I use a remote drop spot or Post office Box to set up dates...I run into trouble..

I have installed Power Seat locks on the Seat tracks To offset the possibility of impalement on the steering wheel....

NOW...If I could only get those DAY~UM oldies off the radio...It'd Be All Good!

Doc
Old 03-26-2005, 12:50 AM

Last photo:

I liked corvette Summer, that bodywork and paint was sweet. I also remember "Hot Rod", first time I ever saw a gasser Willys. I remember another one called Wheelman I think, with Ryan Oneill, sweet truck in that one.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:49 AM
1950 Ford Custom

Last journal entry: 1950 Ford Custom work in progress
Last photo:

50 Merc

The 50 Merc in Cobra was sweet
Old 03-26-2005, 08:43 PM

Does anyone remember The Car ? Spooky
Old 03-26-2005, 09:15 PM

Last photo:

......When American Graffitti came out , that inspired me to biuld the 58 look alike and a yellow ford coupe with open front end, just loved that show for the era. Two Lane Blacktop , Vanishing Point, Bullit , Gone in 60 Seconds ( both ) , Cobra , even Christine , all I liked.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:14 PM

Uh, how about....

Christine

the red Plymouth Fury and Keith Cuntingham...?
Old 04-03-2005, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troadster
I just got through watching The Wraith!!! Two Lain Black Top, Hollywood Knight's ( that got me wanting a Rail Job. LOL). Does anyone remember one called Hotrod. The guy in it had a 41 Willis with a Hemmi in it? And they stole a blower from a museum and motors out of cop cars??? I think that was the name would like a copy of it to watch again......

I've been trying to find that movie for years! that was a great movie! one of the big things that got me into hot rodding!

also on the list are christine, madmax, gone in 60 seconds (more so the original), and two lane blacktop(origiinal). interesting tidbit, the car used in the end of two lane blacktop, to crash into the bulldozers, was a '67 camaro.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.