Thanks everyone for the replies.
1. I am going to spray/brush what I can reach. I do not want to do a tear down.
2. AM General is not known for quality painting. Lots of orange peel on original paint H1's is very common.
3. I do want something Heavy Duty Industrial Grade. Satin Black. That will not fade/look chalky in the sun after time...As you can see from the pictures I posted, that is what happened to the factory finish after a couple of years.
4. Can someone recommend the best system for this? I can get in there pretty wheel for sanding and I am fine using a ruse converter.
5. Will this be a spray on or a brush on solution?
Thanks again for your time.