Hot Rod Forum banner

Best Chrome Cleaner or Polish?

11K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  FRANKBULLITT 
#1 ·
Just wondering what everyone around here uses for chrome cleaner.. While my truck is being painted, figure it's a good time to polish up the chrome.. :)

#7 ·
Recomended Polish / Cleaner

A few years back I came across this guy selling his own brand of metal poish out of his truck at a truck stop. He was selling to truckers. I talked to one of the truckers that had a beutiful truck with lots of chrome and he told me that this stuff was the best kept secret for cleaning your chrome and aluminum. I went over and spoke with the guy and he seemed to know everything about metals and chrome so I bought some from him. Over the last few weeks I have started doing detailing of classic cars and bikes so I got ahold of this guy to see where he was selling so I could get some and he has a website now. Just like he says, this stuff goes on easy and comes off easy. Truckers sware by it. I stongly recomend it to you if you want some unreal results, looks just like you buffed it with a wheel buffer.

www.rebelspolish.com

Take care. J-Rod

#10 ·
Heres a formula for the best chrome polish and aluminum.I learned this from a old trucker buddy. He used on his semi truck fleet and I swear his trucks looked like new.What you get is some buffing rouge and mineral spirits.You take a sure form file and grind down the rouge stick into shavings.You then mix in some mineral spirits to form a paste.Heres the key you can change the consitency .This will alow the polish all types of metals.Best part about it is its very cheap. You can even make it very thin and put in spay bottle and touch up your chrome before a show, works fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.