Best darn ladder you will ever use. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,326 Times in 1,150 Posts
Best darn ladder you will ever use.

First thing I want to say is I have no connection what so ever with the sale of this product. I have simply used it and found it be everything they advertise and more.

What I am talking about is the “Little Giant ladder system”. You may have seen it at a county fair or even in an infomercial on late night television. Last night I took down my Christmas lights from my home using my brothers “Little Giant” and was reminded to post about it. After putting these lights up year after year with my “normal” fiberglass ladder I know all to well how dangerous it is. Putting the ladder over the shrubs and on the uneven concrete can really shake your nerves. This darn “Little Giant” ladder is so stable and so easy to use I let my four year old daughter go up and pull some of the lights (with VERY close supervision of course).

Three years ago this past Christmas my brother was chalking a leaky window in his shop. He was standing on an aluminum ladder made by the most popular nationally known company (my fiberglass one is made by the same one) only a few feet off the ground when it collapsed. The rivets pulling out of a brace and literally collapsing. He broke his leg real bad, requiring a six-hour operation. Well, he go pretty gun shy about ladders and the next summer at the county fair he saw and bought this “Little Giant” ladder. I thought he was being ridiculous and was sucked in by the sales pitch. The darn thing cost about four hundred bucks he said and it seamed like a terrible waste of money.

Well, I thought that until I used it to put up my Christmas lights on my house this year. HOLY MOLY, this thing is absolutely amazing, it is EVERYTHING and more that they say it is. That 90 lb. women with the smile on her face using it in the infomertial believe her, it works that easy. I am not kidding you, you will find yourself using the same movements making it look easy as you use this thing. You pull up one side at a time by unlocking a lock on each side with a twist of your wrist, pull up on the ladder making it as high as you want, then move to the other side and do that same. You now have a ladder that you can go up on EITHER side. If three legs are touching the ground, you can go up on the side with two and it is as stable as you can imagine. It is WAY more stable on three legs than my “normal” ladder is on four under perfect conditions. I am not kidding; it is like the darn legs are cemented into the ground! With four legs on concrete, you can just about RUN up or down this ladder. You can come off the roof onto it “walking” down it face away like stairs!
On my porch that is two steps high and very small, I use to cringe having to go up on my “normal” ladder. I HATED that part of the job, it is the only place I can go up on the roof and with the ladder up on the porch there was only a few inches (just a VERY few) from my ladder legs to the first step. With this “Little Giant” ladder, I simply carried it over and put it with two legs on the porch, two legs on the walk down at ground level. Then, pulled out the locks on the side of the ladder up on the porch and let it go down to the correct height. It fell right into place up against the gutter. I walked right up the ladder like a staircase up onto the roof. Now, I literally did this in one movement, set the ladder down, adjusted it, and walked up, just like they would in those goofy t.v. spots! After I was done I dropped it down to as small as it gets (about three and a half feet) and put it in my cars trunk as easy as a bag of groceries and brought it back over to his shop.

On the site I see that the one my brother got (1A) is only about three hundred, the best darn three hundred you will ever spend, I will tell you that. I plan on getting one the next bonus check (one more to pay for my blown head gasket in the wife’s van) I want to toss my old “normal” ladder in the trash after using that darn thing.

There are some Chinese red army copies out there for half the money, but I plan on getting the real thing. First, I know it will be as good as the one I have already used. And secondly, I believe the people who develop a product should reap the rewards, I am kinda funny that way.

Click here for their site

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Race it, Don't rice it!

Last photo:

Nawww, I can see you aren't trying to sell anything.

We work on cars but were not that stupid!
Old 01-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Music soothes the soul

Last journal entry: Wiring finished finally
Last photo:

Hmmm, I remember seeing them advertising this ladder a while back and it seems pretty darn cool and convenient BUT.... I would not be very willing to fork over nearly 400 bucks for something that has some advantages over a conventional ladder, but at what, 10 times the price? I think I'll stick with those standard shaky ladders for a while
Old 01-10-2006, 06:12 AM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

I've been following that "infomercials" for a while now Its one of the few product I do believe is true.

I being the toolaholic that I am am a firm believer that you do get what you pay for & $400. Is a lot more cost effective than falling off a ladder.

Hell yea I'd pay $400. just to not have to sit in a "Emergency Room"

Well after runnin' round a time or two
I found out only the best will do.

SR66

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 01-13-2006, 08:34 PM
mini me

Last photo:

i have 5 ladders at work and they all came from Lowes, two 10' and one 8' step ladders and 2 extension ladders, they work just fine. had em for 3yrs now

i just got a set of those stanly fat max saw horses and there awesome, they have adjustable legs on the bottom. boy they come in handy

J
Old 01-14-2006, 09:11 AM

Last photo:

John, I have been in sales so maybe that comes thru, but I can assure you, I have no connection what so ever with this product or any other, I am an autobody technician.

Listen guys, some tools are worth 10 times the price of the cheap stuff. I have a set of three "panel poppers" (screwdriver like "pry bar" with a forked end for removing pressed in clips like a door panel) from SnapOn that cost $65.00. I could go and buy a "similar" set at the chinese red army store (Harbor Frieght) for a fraction of that (maybe 10%). If I lost these tools, I would walk right back onto the SnapOn truck and buy another set, there is NO COMPARISON to how they WORK.

This ladder is like that, there is NO COMPARISON. This ladder is so stable, you can just about change your pants on the darn thing, in fact, I will change my pants on it the next time I use it and post pictures.

You want a safe ladder, buy one of these things (By the way you will notice I pointed out they are about $300 on thier web site) if you don't, and feel comfortable on your old one, fine.

Brian
Old 01-14-2006, 09:16 AM

Last wiki edit: Suspension: designs, shapes, sizes Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 51

You have lots of money. How bout everyone send me 400 bucks instead and I will hire a homeless man to climb the old rickety ladder and do some work for you. I need money and the homless guy needs a job.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:09 AM

Last photo:

Old 01-14-2006, 10:06 PM

Little Giant Ladder

I bought one of these little jewels about a year ago & can honestly say i love it. " LINENS & THINGS" of all places carries these ladders & if you catch them on sale you can get them for like $275 - well worth it
DONZIE
BRIAN how much did that broken leg cost your brother !!
Old 01-19-2006, 09:41 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONZIE
BRIAN how much did that broken leg cost your brother !!
About ten thousand bucks in lost wages and who knows how much from future sales (he has an auto repair shop) while the shop was left in the hands of a thief employee.

He has a 10" metal bar in his thigh now and limped BIG TIME for a year. He is much better now but was telling me it was bothering him the other day.

Brian
Old 03-30-2006, 12:34 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

I saw a new type of ladder on ToolSpotting.net today, and remembered this thread. I haven't used, or even seen this ladder yet, but it did catch my eye.

Quote:
Since the breakout success of the Little Giant, the ladder industry has definitely seen lots of innovations. The latest is the Superfold from Cosco, which collapses down to a simple tube you can store almost anywhere.

More info + pics: http://www.toolspotting.net/ladder/
Old 03-31-2006, 09:21 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

Jon ,

The link wont work for me.

Rob

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.