Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Best DIY paint on a budget?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 07:50 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Best DIY paint on a budget?

Hey guys (and gals, if any are reading this)
I am getting my 65 chevelle 4door ready for paint, but am wondering what paint system I should use. I have a few areas of bare metal which have been covered with Duplicolor's Self etch primer. There are a few areas that I have also had to add some bondo. The majority of the car is still factory paint that is in pretty good condition (faded a bit, but not cracking). I have sanded the paint to break through the gloss and create a good surface to adhere to. I am looking to spray this myself in my clean, climate controlled shop. I have painted small projects before but this will be my first full car. Like many, I am on a budget so I need help finding a good paint that will not break the bank. I have heard people complain about the difficulties of some paint systems with complicated mixing of activators and reducers, so I am unsure what I should buy. Any help choosing a good system to fit my needs would be great!
Thanks for the help!

-Jason