best edelbrock intake for this setp - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2002, 01:59 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post best edelbrock intake for this setp

Hey,

I got a 327 ci small block chevy. i wanna put on an edelbrock intake (the stock 4 barrel withe h adapter for square boar jsut aint cutting it).

i wanna know which intake woudl be best for my setup
here are the specs:

-comp cams xtreme energy 12-238-2 is the part number
http://compcams.com/catalog/056_057.html go there for complete cam specs

-edelbrock 600cfm performer carb

-300hp camel hump heads

i dunno if u really need any more info... if u do jstu say so

thanks,
Jordan

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2002, 04:25 PM

Wink

I think the Edelbrock performer would be the best choice for your setup. The operating range of idle to 5500 rpm would best match the operating range of your cam. It would give you the best off-idle and mid-range throttle response.
Old 04-23-2002, 05:25 PM
doesn't play well with others

Last photo:

I agree with monte, I'm running a 600cfm Holley with a .471 lift-218in./228ex. at .050" duration cam in my 302. I went with a performer and have no complaints.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:48 AM

I think you have a choice of the Performer or the Performer RPM. I think the issue is flow through the heads. If you have a set of good aftermarket heads and the rest of the engine can stand up to higher rpm, then use the RPM. But my guess is that you chose the XE262 cam because you wanted better low end torque. The Performer will give you better low torque and better driving mileage. At normal driving the motor may feel a little happier though lack a little high end power by comparison. You cam selection is a nice street cam with plenty of upside from stock.
Old 04-25-2002, 03:34 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

i've had them both on about the same engine and agree with what Hot Rod says: the performer RPM is almost the same as the performer down low but blows it's doors off up high. while you'ld be satisfied with the performer i'd definitely, no doubt about it buy the RPM and get the new AIR GAP! Doesn't anybody out there read Hot Rod anymore? sometimes, they actually do have articles worth reading. I am assuming you have headers or at least some rams'head manifolds. I think my holley's a 600 vac. and a carb upgrade is in order too. would be great to get a 650 or 750 Demon carb. I just put a real low rpm torue cam (5500rpm max)in my 350 and i used my rpm. dont have it running yet but hey....i got high hopes. oh yeah, the same dyno testing of parts article put the Big Kabosh on any type of 1" carb spacer-even a 4 hole-said it never added more torque and even cost 15 in some cases (they didn't say what they were tho). if you have camel humps you shouldn't be trying for a low end engine anyway!! I have a 5000 pound Four by. sam
Old 04-25-2002, 08:04 PM
doesn't play well with others

Last photo:

I'll say right up front I've never run an RPM manifold. But going strictly from what Edelbrock says the performers powerband is from idle to 5,500rpm but the RPM's starts at 1,500 to 6,500rpm's. So I went with the performer 'cause I've used performers for years, and I have a ton of vacuum operated junk in my car (thanks to Ford). So a question for bullheimer, if I switched to an RPM manifold will my cars idle characteristics stay the same. I really can't afford to buy one just to conduct a test, but it sounds like you're saying there's no difference depending on what you mean by 'down low'. Has anyone else had the opportunity to try both style manifolds on the same engine? Edelbrock also recommends a slightly larger cam profile for the RPM manifold, just what they recommend.

[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: dmorris1200 ]</p>

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.