Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders' Lounge (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-lounge/)
-   -   Best friend did a really cool thing. (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/best-friend-did-really-cool-thing-19835.html)

Hippie 07-19-2003 07:49 PM

Best friend did a really cool thing.

My best friend's son bought a pretty solid '65 Cutlass Hdtp. when he was still in high school. It was a 330 4Bbl., PG with factory AC and a perfect white bucket seat interior. The body was very good but the maroon paint needed freshened up and it needed some new chrome but still a cool ride for a 17 year old HS Sr. All his friends were getting 4X4's and motorcycles so he thought he had to have a 4X4 and a crotch rocket so he sold the Cutlass. Less than a week later he was kicking himself for selling it. Well he kind got himself a little screwed up after that, not bad stuff but he definitely was headed in the wrong direction so he enlisted in the SeaBee's. After basic he met a Lil' Southern Belle and got hitched and they had a baby boy and he has really turned his life back around. He's currently in Kuwait but spent some time in Iraq too.

All this transpired over the course of 4 years or so and while all this is going on the new owner of his little Cutlass has smoothed out the body and applied a new paint job in a slightly brighter maroon, put a ton of new chrome moldings and 2 new bumpers on it and a set of the Olds wheels like the '70 Chevelle SS wheels on it with some nice white lettered 70 series radials. It really turned out sweet. Well this guy is building a new house and the Olds was put up for sale. Things are a little tight around here right now so he eventually drops his price way down. My buddy's wife sees the new price as she is driving by it and calls my buddy. He gets on the phone and tells the guy if he'll take a little less he'll come right over and pick it up. The guy says yes so guess what's sitting in the garage waiting for his son when he gets back from Kuwait ? :D I don't know about you guys but I think that's pretty damn cool.

johnnymopar 07-19-2003 08:46 PM

that's awesome. i like to hear stories about real people that have happy endings.

JB

TooMany2count 07-19-2003 08:49 PM

Glenn that is just TOO COOL, what a lucky kid to have parents like his..........joe

trees 07-20-2003 06:13 AM

Yep, neat story. It's easy to do things for your kids when they are making the effort to be responsible adults, trying to do the right things. Same for grand kids too.

Trees

6567GTO 07-20-2003 07:00 AM

Excellent story! Wow!

4 Jaw Chuck 07-20-2003 10:54 AM

Great story, sure beats listening to unemployed students cryin in their soup about how life is so terrible.

Woe is me.:)