Best news I have herd in a long time! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 08:50 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Best news I have herd in a long time!

I see in the paper the Durham, NC prosecutor has now been disbarred from practicing law.

He is the idiot that drummed up a false rape case against the Duke University lacrosse team members to get re-elected because his county had turned majority black and he was white and the hired stripper was black and the team was white.

He ruined the kids lives and if the kids were not from wealthy families they would have been toast, well done. One parent has spent 1.5 million in defense of his kid alone.

I see where they are going after him now with criminal charges and I also hope they sue him personally if that is possible.
I hope he loses every penny and item he owns.

It made my day to read this as the lawyers protect lawyers and I thought he would skate on this one.

He should be sentenced to the same penalty the kids we subject to if they would have been convicted.

Advertisement

Last edited by BarryK; 06-17-2007 at 09:23 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2007, 09:01 AM

Last journal entry: Another alternator bracket change
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I'm not sure what his motive was. I don't recall it being mentioned. I'm glad he is being disbarred though. He screwed up and needs to do some time for sure. I don't think the kids got off because they hired expensive lawyers because once the DNA evidence came back and the other girl said nothing happened, a first year paralegal could have won that case. It was open and shut in their favor.

As for their lives being ruined. I'm not sure about that either. I think their records will be cleaned and soon the publicity will wear down and it will go away. I'm pretty sure any and all employers or citizens will remember them and how they almost got screwed. Who knows, maybe they will sell their story and collect a check that way. It seems to be the way things roll now a days.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:30 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfeverfred
I'm not sure what his motive was. I don't recall it being mentioned. I'm glad he is being disbarred though. He screwed up and needs to do some time for sure. I don't think the kids got off because they hired expensive lawyers because once the DNA evidence came back and the other girl said nothing happened, a first year paralegal could have won that case. It was open and shut in their favor.

As for their lives being ruined. I'm not sure about that either. I think their records will be cleaned and soon the publicity will wear down and it will go away. I'm pretty sure any and all employers or citizens will remember them and how they almost got screwed. Who knows, maybe they will sell their story and collect a check that way. It seems to be the way things roll now a days.
Unfortunately, with human nature, memories will linger and some people will always figure where there is smoke there is fire and the very fact that these kids participated in a 'rite of passage' at a frat house - drinking to much and having a stripper do her thing. Been there...... While it will eventually pass, it will be a while.

Nifong had a burning ambition to be DA in his town in NC but was running 20 to 37 points behind his opponent and needed a sensational case to turn it around. It has cost him big time. First of all, he has been proven incompetant. Next, he has lost his job, then he was disbarred now he faces civil criminal charges which means he will lose his life savings and eventually, most likely, any family he has.

With this said, who is going to hold accountable people like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the 80 some odd Duke professors and administrators, Hollywood nobodies and many others that pronounced these kids guilty without any positive evidence.

If you want to spend a few minutes reading the case complaint, :http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/d...g12407cmp.html

Sad affair - I hope the SOB goes to jail !!!!
Dave
Old 06-17-2007, 02:32 PM

Last photo:

Ireland, I totally forgot about THOSE two idiots! Where's the apology!? Don't hold your breathe, it isn't coming. Those two have about as much credibility as that prosecutor and should get a little taste of the onslaught. They helped him push it down our throats by using media exposure.

Anytime I see Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson pushing something, it usually turns out to be bulls**t! Never fails. They are a failure to my race and humans as a species.

And they had the nerve to seek office. Gimme a break!
Old 06-17-2007, 04:24 PM

Last photo:

Anyone that knows me personally, knows I'm no tree hugging pansy wipe.

I'm for the death penalty and cutting the trials before we cook you, I'm for two strikes and you are gone away for good. I'm pro cop and Da's but I would rather see 10 people who are guilty go free then one person charged with a false crime.
It just plain happens to much and we just need a simple law on the books that say if you as a cop plant drugs or you as a DA overlook the facts, you get the sentence that the victim would have gotten.

Maybe this will be a new trend!
Old 06-17-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfeverfred
Ireland, I totally forgot about THOSE two .

Anytime I see Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson pushing something, it usually turns out to be bulls**t! Never fails. They are a failure to my race and humans as a species.

And they had the nerve to seek office. Gimme a break!
Fred,
I think you and I could have an interesting conversation - but not on-line.

I'll never forget when Sharpton and his entourage ate at an Albany, NY restaurant my daughter worked at while she was in college, I believe during the Tawana Brawley mess that Sharpton created. They left a mess, were loud and well "lubricated" and then "neglected" to tip the wait staff on a $1200+ bill.

Then there is Jesse's Rainbow coalition......

Barry,
I knew you were mean - just didn't think THAT mean. But you do have a valid argument.

As far as the death penalty, our NY Appellate Court (one above the NY Supreme Court), it was struck down about 2 years ago and a revision just died in the Legislature - and we need to dispose of some major criminals

Dave
Old 06-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Certified Lead Foot

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child

Fred,

I think you and I could have an interesting conversation - but not on-line.

Dave
I can guarantee it.

Fred and I have talk on the phone a couple of times and he is a real hoot in person. My son and grandson really liked him too.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryblack
I can guarantee it.

Fred and I have talk on the phone a couple of times and he is a real hoot in person. My son and grandson really liked him too.
Unfortunately Fred lives in a city that I have no reason to go to any longer since I retired and don't business travel any longer -
Old 06-18-2007, 09:37 PM

Last photo:

Thanks for the compliments guys. Good conversation is a two way street. Both parties have to give and receive. This is the best site I have found for that. Sure, sometimes there are differences of opinion, but if everyone agreed on the same thing that would be boring.

It was a treat when Larry came down and checked out a little cruise spot I found. It had been a while since I had someone to share car stories with and a good time was had by all. I'm looking forward to next visit.

I am sure that I would have a great time visiting and hanging out with everyone on this site. While we all share a common interest, I get the feeling we would get along without that if we had to. There's just a great bunch of people here and I look forward to logging on.

Some of the advice I have received from this site has saved me major dollars and time in my build. There is no way I would be at the stage I am without it. For that I am truly grateful.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:55 PM

Last photo:

This was going on around the same time as the imus story, and who was at the forfront of bolth these incadence.
It seems like it is always a racial thing. Most times it is only one sided. If this was about a white girl would it have got the publicity it did?
I think they just need to take those to out back and.........you can fill it in.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:17 PM

Last photo:

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have one agenda and one agenda only. They are out to get even. They use the platform of civil rights and equality to justify this militant agenda. I think you will find that rational, intelligent members of the black race do NOT support them and are embarrassed by their actions. They are out to gain publicity for themselves and will do whatever is necessary to do this.

They are "coat tailer's". They hop on anything that will get them and their agenda in the media. Whether it is going to foreign countries in the guise of freeing prisoners or cases like this where they decided to go to the aid of a poor, abused black woman, who turned out to nothing more than a cheap, lying, whore.

The only difference between Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton and a carp, is that one is a bottom feeding, scum sucker and the other is a fish! The sooner these two are locked away the better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.