Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Best Shop Floor Paint
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 11:10 AM
I put up the tools against$300

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Best Shop Floor Paint

I'm buying a new house that has a 24'x30' detatched shop. Before I move in I would like to paint the floor with shop paint that resist stains and can be easily mopped. I've read mixed reviews on just about every product that I can find especially in regards to durability. Many of them seem to make the floor slippery.

What brands & types have some of you used, and what are your personal opinions about them? What types are the easiest to put down. Do the flakes that some of the coatings come with improve traction very much? The floor coatings aren't cheap so I want to do it once, the right way, even if it means buying a more expensive product on the front end.

I looked at Tennant Floor Coatings, which seems to be more of an industrial grade product. It would require the floor being ground to remove any impurities and to promote proper adhesion. It looks to be pretty durable but costs about $3sf installed. Has anyone used their products before, and is it worth the extra expense? I think if everything was properly prepped I should be able to get about 10 years of service life.

Thanks ahead of time for your opinions and suggestions.

Last edited by DaSouthWon; 05-08-2009 at 12:32 PM.