Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Best Shop Floor Paint
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 10:31 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by trees
DSW, I have experience with Tennant and it ranks up there with the best. The grinding you speak of is for old, used floors with years of absorbed fluids etc. On new concrete that has not been sealed, you can do a quick acid etch and go. If it has been sealed, you may have to acid etch it a couple of times to get it rough enough for a great bond. I recently finished my new shop floor with Wolverine Coatings and am happy with it. It is comparable in cost with Tennant and the prep and installation is about the same. Wolverine does go on thicker than Tennant, but the durability seems to be about the same. I am a little unhappy about the marking I have done with weld splatter on the new floor, but that was my fault for not covering up. I would assume any coating would mark when welding in the shop.

Trees
I second Trees on the Wolverine Coatings. I have used Rustoleum, Quikrete, EpoxyCoat, U-Coat-It, and Griot's Garage epoxies and did my latest workshop with Wolverine and it is by far the best that I have used.
There is only one supplier for Wolverine Coatings products and that is at www.AlphaGarage.com