Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Garage - Tools (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/garage-tools/)
-   -   Best tool ever!!!!!! (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/best-tool-ever-121912.html)

59megawagon 08-10-2007 03:56 PM

Best tool ever!!!!!!

3 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of the best tool I ever bought for a cheep price. It is kinda outdated but it works for me.... These single post lifts work great and take up very little space. I have found these lifts for as little as $100 It justs takes a little time and a good friend or dad with a backhoe to dig the hole. It just uses 100psi to lift the car.

Not A T 25 08-10-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 59megawagon
Here is a pic of the best tool I ever bought for a cheep price. It is kinda outdated but it works for me.... These single post lifts work great and take up very little space. I have found these lifts for as little as $100 It justs takes a little time and a good friend or dad with a backhoe to dig the hole. It just uses 100psi to lift the car.

Cool :thumbup: But why outside?

59megawagon 08-10-2007 04:22 PM

post lift

Well! I am limited by my garage. It is only 10' 8" inside and I am 6' 2" tall so I had to install it outside so it would go all the way up. I have a HOA here where i live and i built the garage to hide a trailer I had in the back yard. Little did they know the garage would be 1200 Square Ft. He He. But the trailer fits in it.... Also the single post lift cannot be seen over the fence when it is down. All other lifts you can see the posts...

Not A T 25 08-10-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 59megawagon
Well! I am limited by my garage. It is only 10' 8" inside and I am 6' 2" tall so I had to install it outside so it would go all the way up. I have a HOA here where i live and i built the garage to hide a trailer I had in the back yard. Little did they know the garage would be 1200 Square Ft. He He. But the trailer fits in it.... Also the single post lift cannot be seen over the fence when it is down. All other lifts you can see the posts...

That is what I suspected and I agree it is really a cool idea is it a unit removed from a garage? Where did you come by it?

59megawagon 08-10-2007 04:50 PM

Post lift

Yes it was removed from a Brake shop. I think it was a EPA thing with having 20 Gal. of oil in the cylinder in the ground. I think back east they have problems with them rusting out and pushing the oil in the ground but not here in AZ.

montea 08-10-2007 05:02 PM

that kinda looks scary to be under. how stable is the car on it? how big of a hole had to be dug? got any pics from the installation of it? i have never seen one of these before but then again im not that old :D

MrB 08-10-2007 05:26 PM

Waayyy cool. Where do you go on the web to find this stuff? I could really use one right now..

Blazin72 08-10-2007 05:31 PM

$100!?!?!? I've gotta get me one of those!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

59megawagon 08-10-2007 05:35 PM

lift

The car is very stable. It has a 8000LB. cap. It needs a 8' deep hole and I used 2 55gal drums welded together and put it in the hole so I could backfill it and water settle it before i put the lift in the hole. It needs concrete in the bottom then put the lift in , then plum it up and set the groung level height then ABC gravel then a 1.5 ft. cap of concrete 4ft. around the lift for safety. I have had my next door neibours Ford 2000 4x4 extended cab longbed diesel truck on it to do a lift kit and was no problem. I also has a motorhome on it. that was a little scary... You just have to keep your eyes open to snag the deal when it comes along.

F&J 08-10-2007 05:54 PM

Nice job. I'd like to get a single post for my next shop.

oldsmobilekindofguy 08-10-2007 08:51 PM

we just have a pit dug in the ground which won't work for tires and brakes but for greasing and changing oil it is awesome

59megawagon 08-10-2007 09:02 PM

?????

It is too bad though but those kind of "Grease Pits" were almost outlawed many years ago because CO. gasses fall down to the ground and people passing out and dying from lack of ventilation.

redlightning 08-10-2007 10:23 PM

Thanks for the tip.I don,t have enough ceiling room for a lift inside.I never thought about outside.

31 5window 08-10-2007 10:46 PM

very cool

way cool idea keep the garage space open and lots of room to work !

ccb 08-19-2007 09:45 AM

My father had a Mobil Station from the late 20's. Out side hydraulic lift with drive on ramps. I worked there from the time i was 9. We used to bounce some heavy iron getting squeaks lubed. never a worry. I also worked under frame contact single post with no problems. except letting one car down with a door open. Door caught a tool box and the car ended on its side. Also there is an old dodge garage with a single post front and single post rear lift arrangement that can be raised and lowered independently. That must be scary.