Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Best tool ever!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 03:44 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Yup... It never fails. Just when I thought my idea was the most brilliant one of the year.
I've been planning this for months. Tired of lying down under the car... getting up... and lying down again... ALL the time.
I lease a Gas-Station with two of these 1-post ol' timers installed. It's going to be rebuilt in about
6-8 months. Guess who has an appointment this week to contribute design suggestions?... and my last stop will be to beg for one for "peanuts." It will be perfect for my future ToyRoom at home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin45
Not too handy for pullin' a tranny though. A 4 post is way better for that. And it's not too handy for exhaust pipes either.
Yup, that right... but all I want is the hoist. One can handle six tons easy. I'll make and mount an
H-frame drive-on ramp (in-floor "flush-mount" if possible) from 1/4" plate and channel/I-beam, with sliding jack-saddles at each end. The only hassle will be with exhausts and drive-shafts... and I can use the saddles to jack (or even use axle-stands on runways) for more clearance if needed.
Also want to include four pads as part of the saddles... (for different wheelbase/track widths) for "turning-circles" (alignment) or for corner-weight scales. It will take time... but worth it IMHO.

Beats paying over $2000 USD for a much lighter rated 4-post lift for my "too small" workshop. Then I'll have an EXTRA 24' x 17' Alignment/Service-bay... at home too. Works for me.

Last edited by Sanctifier; 10-15-2007 at 05:33 AM.