Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Best Tools for the Job
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

That's a really good point. Short of the Snap-On "Blue Point", I've never found any quality screwdrivers. I have a set of Craftsman screwdrivers that I bought in the early 80's that are still hanging in there ... but they have those splined handles and round knobs on the end that just don't feel right, especially when you are working with something very tight.

BTW, speaking of screws and screwdrivers.
I'm sorry, but I'm still swearing at Mr. Phillips for inventing the phillips screw. I don't know how you Yanks can put up with them.

I bought a "gate kit" and tried to assemble it with the included black anodized phillips screws.
After having had 3 or 4 of them fall off the tip of my impact driver just before hitting the trigger, or having them veer off-course, or have them strip out before even making contact with the bracket ... .... I threw them out and grabbed a handful of Robertson cad-plated deck screws and just finished the job complely frustration-free.

If those cad-plated screws really bug me, I'll hit them with a shot of rattle-can flat black and call it a day.