Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Best Tools for the Job
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 09:57 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Craftsmen, Stanley, Kobalt, and another brand that Carquest now carries. A couple HF sockets mixed in but not many.

I'v never bought broken tools to warranty, but I'v been given broken tools that I'v warrantied.. Snap on Warranty is not an 'original purchaser' warranty, and given stuff can only be warrantied off the truck, or a long process from their website, some people just can't get stuff warrantied. It's no diffrent than if the original purchaser or Ebay seller warrantied it.. Craftsmen is the same way. No questions asked warranty. I found a Craftsmen socket wrench on the side of the road once. Nice cond, but broken teeth. I kept it until I was going into the direction of a Sears store, where I exchanged it for 1 of their recon ratchets. Didn't need new cause I didn't come in with new. Later broke the tip off of it using a pipe on it, so I just chucked it in the scrap pile.. Stanley, is limited warranty and is an original purchaser warranty, If I break a Stanley I don't even bother with the warranty. You have to send the tool to them where they determin if you abused it or not, and you pay postage both ways. There a good deal and I don't break many, so I keep buying the stuff.

Last edited by matt167; 09-04-2012 at 10:02 AM.