Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The best V-8 ever made
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 12:42 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff tate
with the no of share holders and retired employees who would buy any thing gm makes they never improved the small block until recently , that does not prove they ar any better tha ford or chrysler
no need to change something that works just fine.

i think that is a big key for the 350's success. such huge parts availability and interchangability because GM kept it relatively the same for so long. Smart move in my eyes.

And I think the new smallblocks are just as nice. The LT1's are good motors, solid, and can make great power. The LS1's are even better. Easy power, great mileage, hard running motors that take abuse, and while a little strange at first are still very simple and effective designs. Even with fuel injection.

I read in the past few years how some people even claim Chevy is "low tech"... But the simplest route to the same solution without fault is always the better decision for anything else, so why is it a problem with an internal combustion motor?