Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Best way to clean paint guns?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 10:20 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by novafreek6872
excellent tip. gonna try that one!!

andy
+1 on that. I'm tired of scrubbing with brushes and trying to get into the threads etc. Just bought an Iwata for color again and it's nicer for cleaning than my cheap guns. But still cleaning is always a little bit of a hassle with threads etc.

At first I thought... man, waste a can of carb cleaner every time I clean a gun... that sounds like it'd get expensive. But then I realized I probably use about 6-8 ounces of thinner and a half hour. The carb cleaner idea just got a whole lot more appealing. I need to make a Walmart trip next time I head to town.

One thing I've liked is the DeVilbiss EZ Liner baggy system for the cups. I never spill paint when I'm spraying (Iwata lids are useless-lots of spilling paint), I can spray upside down if I need to, and when I'm done I just unzip the bag dump the paint back into the can (I don't use catalyzed color) and toss the baggy. Very cheap system and I rarely have to clean more than a drip or two off the inside of the guns cup with these liners. Freezer bags also work great. I have this on ALL of my color guns.