Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Best way to clean paint guns?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 05:09 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

It happens a lot as the gun gets older and the seal wears out a little and you have to keep tightening the nut to keep the needle seal from leaking,you need gun lube but just on the needle, it wont get inside the gun. I'm a little lazy when it comes to gun cleaning but I need a clean gun so I swish some thinner around in the cup and pull the trigger running the thinner through the gun I do this twice.then drop the gun in a 5 gal bucket of carb cleaner (put a wooden wedge in to hold the trigger all the way back)so the cleaner goes into the gun, then cover the bucket back up and forget about it...you dont waste anything...its almost as good and ez as a gun cleaning machine....If you want to get fancy put some of that diamond mesh in the bottom of the bucket about 2-4" off the bottom so paint can settle at the bottom and it keeps the gun out of the goo that settles at the bottom...when the goo gets a little thick just run the old carb cleaner through a strainer into another bucket and reuse it....Your guns will be clean as a whistle all the time and you hardly ever have to take them apart,most times I take them apart they dont need any cleaning but I just like to be sure....Everyone thinks I'm anal but cleaning my guns because they look so clean but the truth is I rarly get a brush out and basicly just dry them off with a paper shop towel,the carb cleaner does all the work....

Last edited by deadbodyman; 06-08-2012 at 05:17 AM.